Communicating with Ancestors
This spell is a way for you to connect with your acestoral line or specific past love one. When looking for a response there are few things you should have in mind. Contacting those behind the veil is something that many people take years to achieve with training and mentor-ship through other more experienced practitioners. However it is still possible for you to also achieve this if you relax and open yourself to contact with them. It takes a good deal of energy for our ancestors to alter their vibration enough to make contact with us and sometimes they can't quite get to this point enough to be obviously clear. If you do this and the person you are contacting was, in their physical, form always collecting something with a theme (butterflies) or if they loved rainbows you might see more of these objects after this spell.
Before you begin to set up for the spell it is a good idea to cleanse yourself (the more you practice this the less you find you need to cleanse to raise your vibration) & focus on the task which will help build intent. Do this by either smudging yourself with white sage/desert sage/white copal (or a combination of all) or you can have a cleansing/purifying bath or shower (sea salt scrubs are great for these). Other tips can be found on the Spell/Ritual Preparation page. Cast a circle once you have your tools together and your circle set. Of all the spells here this one is probably the most important one to perform in the sacred circle.
You Will Need:
- White Sage, Desert Sage &/or White Copal
- A Coal Tablet
- Cauldron or Fire Proof Dish
- Candles & crystals set the four points of the compass
- Set aside time to meditate with intent and focus on the loved one you intend to contact (do this after cleansing)
You Are Ready to Begin:
- Begin by setting up your sacred space in preparation for both this spell & casting the sacred circle.
- Concentrate & focus on your intent for the spell.
- We use our altar, clearing enough space for the book to sit in the middle, if you don't have an altar use a table/floor.
- Other items you can also use include stones/crystals/candles in a pentagram formation to symbolize the 5 elements if you wish.
- Recite the spell in the circle as often as you feel is necessary
- At this point ask you question of the ancestor/s
- You will know when the energy has peaked and the spell is done as you will feel it
- Be very respectful to thank them for their attendance and help even if you don't know if you have your answer as yet
The following is a simple chant based on the Egyptian deities using the Egyptian name of Anubis which is Anpu. You can use the below as is, substitute for the deity you are more comfortable with or you can construct your own. Remember at all times be respectful and grateful for the ancestors presence, the energy required to make contact with you is astounding and remember you may need to perform this a few times over a few weeks.
It will help to strengthen you connection with your ancestors to perform this ritual frequently until you feel you have a strong line of communication with them. Like all energy work the more you do it the stronger it will get. Two of the best times to perform this spell are during Samhain and the blood moons.
Anpu God protector of those moved on,
God of the Duat (underworld) hear my song,
To our loved one hidden by veils,
I ask you lift this that they may share their tales,
To speak with those love departed,
I seek those past & good hearted,
Reveal to me (name) that I may speak to & see,
Blessed thanks, so mote it be.